Learn from our highly experienced and qualified tutors. Suitable for anyone who works within criminal justice, such as police, social workers, court workers, solicitors, lawyers, probation workers or anyone with an interest in the psychology of crime.
This professional development criminology course is offered online and is designed to give you the background knowledge and skills needed to start or improve your career in criminology. Use this course as a stepping stone to a Degree in Psychology or to enhance your existing qualifications in law, psychology, policing and more.
Careerline’s Certificate in Criminal and Forensic Psychology will introduce you to psychology approaches to understanding crime, mental disorders and their relationship to crime as well as example gender and youth in relation to crime, psychology and the police, the courtroom and psychology and crime prevention.
As with all Careerline’s Courses you are assigned your own tutor as soon as you enrol, so you will have expert support before you submit your first assignment and the whole way through your studies. For students wishing to use their Certificate to gain entry into University or other courses, an invigilated exam (online) is available.
- Define crime and criminal psychology.
- Discuss psychological theories and approaches to understanding crime.
- Define serious crimes and explain the involvement of psychology.
- Discuss the relationship between a person having a learning disability and committing crime.
- Define psychopathy and discuss psychological theories relating to psychopathy.
- Discuss gender differences associated with crime.
- Discuss the psychological theories relating to youth and crime.
- Discuss how psychology is used by the police.
- Discuss how psychology is used in the court room.
- Discuss the use of psychology in crime prevention.