This online course from Careerline Courses provides a sound introduction to caring for a wide variety of different pets including dogs, cats, fish, birds, rabbits, rodents, reptiles and amphibians. Examined within the course are aspects of pet care such as ideal diets & food, care of coats, feathers, hair, enclosures such as tanks etc., care of litters and young animals and more. Pet shop workers will gain a lot from this course.
This course works well with other pet care courses such as dog care, cat psychology, animal behaviour and animal health care.
This course is an excellent starting point for anyone willing to work with pets; or people already working in the pet industry, as a career, pet shop employee or simply a pet owner or enthusiast who wishes to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Discuss the general principles of pet care, as they relate to a wide range of different types of pets.
- Describe routine care for cats.
- Compare the characteristics of different cat breeds.
- Describe routine care for dog.
- Compare the characteristics of different dog breed.
- Describe routine care for birds as pet.
- Describe routine care for fish
- Describe routine care for rabbits as pet.
- Describe routine care for reptiles and amphibian.
- Describe routine care for rodent pets.