Learn the care and management of pigs with this online pig care course.
In this course, you will gain skills and knowledge in:
- breeding and selection
- nutrition and feed
- pig diseases
- boar management
- sow and litter management
- and much more.
This course is suitable for students looking to learn commerical pig management as well as those with general interest in pigs.
This course provides you with a sound foundation in pig care and management, along with the benefits of self-paced, online study.
- Select appropriate pig breeds for different purposes.
- Explain how to manage the breeding of pigs.
- Explain the physical facilities, including buildings and equipment of a pig farm.
- Explain the procedures used in managing the condition, including the health and feeding of pigs.
- Explain the husbandry operations associated with pig farming.
- Develop strategies for marketing, including both traditional and innovative marketing plans of pigs and pig products.
- Develop different strategies, including both traditional and innovative approaches, to manage the general operations associated with pig farming.