Starting a small business can be a rewarding vocation if done properly but there are many challenges. If you have never run a successful business before; you almost certainly need this course. You may already have ideas about a service or products you want to supply; but don’t set any of your ideas in stone until you first understand the business world and the market place; and take the time to go through a logical and careful process of assessing risks, and planning the launch and development of your new enterprise.
This course will teach you the approach to make your business start-up a success, and what to avoid in the early stages to bring your business inspiration to profit.
- Discuss the nature of small business and the skills required to run one successfully.
- Explain the legal requirements, restrictions and the costs of running a small business.
- Describe the different aspects and considerations associated with starting a new or buying an existing business.
- Explain the marketing process.
- Explain the importance of planning in the running of a successful business.
- Explain the importance of record keeping and the principles of bookkeeping.
- Determine sales and promotions strategies in small business.
- Explain the importance of budgets.
- Develop a business plan.
- Implement a business plan.
- Identify factors that affect profitability.