Learn to be a Weight Loss Consultant – start your own business!
- Learn to help people be their best and lead healthier lives
- Suitable for students who want to work for themselves or others
- Study from home at your own pace
If you are passionate about helping people lose weight and start leading healthier more enjoyable lives, then this course is for you. Whether you want to work in this industry or start your own business.
This course is one of two weight loss management courses that Careerline offers. This course is suitable for students wanting to find work or set up their own business in Weight Loss Management. Our other weight loss course is Nutrition for Weight Loss and it focuses on the nutritional aspects of losing weight. It is highly recommended as an adjunct course to Weight Loss Consultancy.
NEW! Graduates with this qualification can apply for either Associate, Full or Executive IICT Membership and take advantage of their great insurance schemes!
- Explain factors that affect weight in a body.
- Determine the scope and nature of the weight loss industry in your region.
- Explain the role of physical activity in weight loss and provide practical advice and resources for you to use as a weight loss consultant.
- Explain the role of dietary change in weight loss and provide practical advice and resources for you to use as a weight loss consultant.
- Explain a variety of ways that psychology can be applied to the control of weight.
- Determine weight status of clients
- Select and implement and manage the use of different techniques to control weight in clients
- Identify a viable weight loss service, and those things that must be done to optimize the chance of ongoing success.
- Adapt dietary resources based on needs of an individual or a particular group.
- Planning to start a weight management group
- Develop a weight management service as a business