Get your produce to market and get the right price! The core activity of any farm is producing animals or crops, but if the produce is not marketed at the right time for the right price, the whole financial viability of the farm is at best unstable. This course develops your ability to analyse and manage marketing problems in an agricultural enterprise. Course Aims:
- Explain the role of marketing in business and the importance of marketing in the business plan.
- Assess the relative importance of marketing planning and to determine marketing strategies in relation to farming.
- Identify target markets to select suitable marketing methods.
- Explain the physical handling of products in the marketing process including packaging, labeling, presentation and transportation.
- Plan to maintain sound customer relations in an agricultural business.
- Conduct market research into a product or service in the agricultural industry.
- Plan to manage the promotional program for an agricultural business.
- Develop strategies to manage the marketing of an agricultural enterprise.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
Agricultural Marketing Concepts
- Goods and Services
- The Marketing Concept
- Managing the Marketing Process
- The Role of Marketing
- Approaches to Marketing
- The Goals of Marketing
- Organising, analysing, selecting target markets
- Developing the Marketing Mix
- Managing the Market Effort
Farm Marketing Objectives and Strategies
- Supply and Demand
- Developing the Farm Marketing Plan
- Organising the Planning process
- Reviewing the Business’s Situation
- Establishing Marketing Objectives
- Developing Strategies
- Market Penetration
- Price Advantages
- Preliminary Research
- Target Markets in Agriculture
- Defining the Target
- Analysing Market Opportunities
- External Influences
- General Economic Conditions
- Government Policy and Regulations
- Overseas influences
- Demographic Patterns
- Technological Change
- Customer Values and Attitudes
- Alternative Marketing Methods
- Internal Influences
- Selecting Target Markets
- Market Segmentation
- Developing the Marketing Mix
- The “Product” element of the Marketing Mix
- Logos, packaging, positioning and image etc
- The “Price” Element of the Marketing Mix
- Pricing objectives and methods
- The “Promotion” element of the marketing Mix
- Publicity and Public Relations
- Advertising, sales and personal selling
- The “Place” element of the Marketing Mix
- Market coverage
- Determining Emphasis with the Marketing Mix
- Impact of Product Life-cycle
- Customer Care Policy
- Levels of Involvement
- Effective Communication
- Becoming an effective communicator
- Dealing with complaints
- Self evaluation
- Maximising customer service
- The Importance Of Market Research
- What to Research?
- The Research process
- Analysing Costs and Benefits
- Promoting Product
- Creating customer awareness
- Promotional Campaign Strategy
- The Promotional Message
- Promotional Material
- Making Promotions Cost Effective
- Channels of Communication
- Publicity Marketing
- Structuring an Advertisement or Promotion
- Market Retention
- Balancing Strategy
- Market Development
- Market Growth
- Managing the Marketing Plan
- Sales and the Market
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack, just fill in the form below and we'll send it out.
Agriculture spans a wide variety of specializations. Who your tutor is will depend on which area of agriculture you are studying. Upon enrollment you will be assigned your own personal tutor who is there to support you throughout your studies.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.