- Improve your farm management knowledge and skills.
- Learn from our expert agriculture tutors.
- Improve your business and career prospects.
- Study in your own time at your own pace.
Farming is just as much about management as it is about animal or crop production. Unfortunately in today's world, the ability to produce a good animal or crop is no guarantee for success!
Through this course, learn to analyse, diagnose and make decisions related to management of a farm business. The course relates to managing all resources, including; production, staff, physical resources, and natural resources. You learn strategic planning, whole farm planning, and how to prepare a business plan.
- Develop strategic planning methods for an agricultural business.
- Learn how to prepare a Farm Business Plan.
- Develop methods for assessing the operations of a Farm Business.
- Analyse the viability of different production enterprises:
- assessing profits
- risk analysis
- cost efficiency
- quality standards
- financial records
- Develop strategies for managing different farm production enterprises, covering workplace organisation and crop scheduling.
- Plan the management of human resources in a farm business covering:
- types of leadership/managers
- orders & instruction
- motivating employees
- Develop methods for managing the physical resources of a farm business including managing equipment, machinery and buildings.
- Develop methods for managing the natural resources of a farm business, covering topics:
- regulations & legislation
- landcare programs
- erosion control
- soil degradation
- soil acidification
- chemical residues
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
There are 8 Lessons in this course:
- Planning procedures
- Policy formulation approach
- Strategic management approach
- Initial strategy approach
- Farm business structures
- Management plans
- Financial terminolgy and the money market
- Finding finance; Rural finance sources
- Financial terminology and record keeping
- Contract law
- Elements of a simple contract
- Offers, Acceptance, Consideration
- Strategic plans
- Farm Planning
- Quality management systems
- Whole farm planning
- Preparing a business plan
- Integrated production plans
- Business goals
- Factors involved in business assessment
- Considering factors affecting your business
- Drawing conclusions
- Assessing profit
- Risk analysis and managing risk
- Standards; Cost efficiency
- Cost of production
- Quality and quantity standards
- Financial records
- The bookkeeping process
- End of period accounting
- Cash flow
- Example of budget
- Sensitivity analysis
- Organising the workplace
- Scheduling; Production systems
- System variables
- Animal production systems
- Lot feeding
- Cropping systems
- Office systems
- Business diversification
- Value adding
- Oganisational structures
- Workplace changes
- Interviewing, recruitment and staff induction
- Giving instructions
- Managing human resources
- Work scheduling
- Occupational Health and safety
- Duty of care
- Protective equipment
- Dealing with chemicals
- Handling tools and equipment
- Safety auditing
- Managing equipment
- Machinery and building
- Managing physical resources
- Engineering efficiency
- Animal structures
- Regulations and legislation
- Land Care programs
- Trees; Erosion control
- Soil degradation
- Soil acidification
- Chemical Residues
- Water management
- Water quality
- Irrigation and watering systems
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack, just fill in the form below and we'll send it out.
Agriculture spans a wide variety of specializations. Who your tutor is will depend on which area of agriculture you are studying. Upon enrollment you will be assigned your own personal tutor who is there to support you throughout your studies.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.