Cell Biology Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This course complements studies in human health and fitness, horticulture, agriculture and wildlife gain in-depth knowledge of chemical composition and processes; tissues, nucleus, organelles, cell signalling, tissues and more.
- Review basic cell structure and discuss the scope and nature of cell biology.
- Describe the chemical components and processes of cells.
- Describe the storage of genetic information within cells and how this information is passed on to the next generation.
- Describe key concepts in molecular biology.
- Discuss membrane structure and transport across cell membranes.
- Discuss protein structure and function.
- Describe and discuss protein synthesis.
- Describe the significant processes involved in transfer and storage of energy in a cell.
- Describe the significant processes that occur in cell communication and intracellular transport.
- Describe the life cycle of cells and how they combine to create different types of tissues.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.