Aquaculture Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
Learn the essentials of aquaculture. You will learn how to setup an aquaculture system and learn the care and breeding of freshwater fish as well as how to manage an aquaculture enterprise for fresh water fish. Enhance your expertise in this important course. Improve your work prospects in the field by developing your capacity to manage freshwater aquaculture enterprises.
- 100 hour course
- Fully supported by expert tutor by email
- Flexible home based study
- Learn all aspects of freshwater fish farming
This course is fully supported by our Marine / Aquaculture tutor Peter Palma and covers: water (e.g. source, purity, flow, temperature, dissolved oxygen), stocking rates, spawning, checking stock, stripping, fertilization, hatching, growth stages, feeding, harvesting, stocking and more.
- Explain different aquaculture production systems
- Explain the cultural requirements of different types of fish suitable for aquaculture
- Explain cultural practices for freshwater crayfish
- Explain different factors affecting the vigour of animals in an aquaculture farm
- Explain methods, including feeding and harvesting, used to manage freshwater animal populations
- Develop informed management decisions for an aquaculture enterprise
Your TutorPeter Palma B.Sc. Fisheries, Master of Science (Aquaculture)
Peter’s expertise includes broodstock and hatchery management of high-value marine fish species and disease management in aquaculture. He is currently a researcher at a fisheries development centre where he studies advanced fish breeding techniques and environment-friendly mariculture operations. He studied fisheries science and fish reproductive biology for his bachelor’s and master’s degree, respectively. Peter has published research papers in his areas of expertise and serves as a reviewer for scientific journals. Over the years, Peter has visited fish farms in Australia, Canada and Southeast Asia, and learned first-hand how aquaculture operations are done all over the world.