Study business operations. A starter course for anyone who has not studied business before.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the building blocks for a successful career in business planning and operations. Covering topics such as business law, the money market, taxation, business plan writing and mistakes to avoid, it is a solid foundation, developed by highly qualified and experienced professionals.
- Define the business community, the types of businesses involved and the interaction which occurs between different businesses.
- Explain the difference between goods and services based businesses.
- Define a range of commonly used business terms.
- Research and analyse business opportunities by studying activities in the business world.
- Assess the feasibility of a business opportunity and allocate resources to this business.
- Carry out the basic procedures of recording and interpreting financial records and statements including the cash book, balance sheet, profit and loss statement.
- Explain liquidity and productivity
- Calculate profit and determine assets
- Calculate the real cost of labour in a business.
- Determine pricing based on costs calculated for providing a particular service or product.
- Develop a budget for a simple business operation.
- Develop a simple 3 year business plan (real or hypothetical).
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
Detailed Course Outline..
There are 6 lessons in this course:
- Business law
- types of businesses
- starting a business
- The money market
- Financial Records
- Simple Bookkeeping procedures
- cash flow
- Financial Management
- Business Planning
- Improving results in business
- Developing a 12 month business plan.
- Mistakes to avoid
- Examples of things to avoid; lack of market research, problems with marketing, cash flow, attitude, etc
- Profitability ratios
- Reasons why businesses fail
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.