This course requires no prior knowledge and is suitable for anyone involved with internet marketing either on a professional basis or as a hobby.
- To develop a capacity to use social media and other applications for marketing on the internet.
- Outline the possibilities for marketing any type of product or service effectively on the internet; in particular through the use of social media.
- Describe the use of psychological theory as applied to internet marketing.
- Determine an appropriate mix of online marketing techniques for a product or service, and how to properly utilise that web presence.
- Identify, discuss and compare the more effective applications that are currently being used in social media.
- Determine an appropriate online presence for the marketing of a product or service and know how to efficiently utilise that presence.
- Determine what content to create, how to create it and where to use it.
- Describe methods to develop and sustain effective online blogs and newsletters
- Develop a one year strategy for the online marketing of a new product or service.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
Detailed Course Outline..
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Scope and Nature of Social Media
- Explore the possibilities of using social media for marketing a product
- Recognise Information Overload
- Become Readily Accessible
- Internet Marketing
- Website Marketing
- Social Media
- Video on the Net
- Audio on the Internet
- History of Internet Marketing
- Risks of Internet Marketing
- Legal Concerns
- How well are you doing?- Measuring your activities
- The Psychology of Internet Marketing
- How psychological theory applies to internet marketing?
- Understanding how customers think and behave
- Methods to encourage people to your site
- Overcoming consumer resistance
- Interacting and engaging with your customers
- Capture and hold your viewer’s attention
- Use of page title keywords
- Social Media
- Social Media Applications
- What are the effective applications currently being used in social media?
- Why use social media?
- Purposes of Social Media
- Social Media Variables
- Ways of Using Social Media
- So why do people use social media to advertise their products?
- The purposes of different applications
- Websites, Advertising and Other Applications
- How to properly utilise your web presence?
- Ensuring the appropriate mix of online marketing techniques for your product
- Types of internet marketing
- Website essentials
- Message to customers
- Website Layout
- Planning your website
- Search engines
- Mobile friendly websites
- Landing Pages and Microsites
- Internet Advertising
- Get the Marketing Mix Right
- Capturing and converting customers
- Establishing an appropriate online presence for marketing a product
- Know how to utilise your online presence
- Marketing Processes
- Encouraging a Connection
- Setting up an Online Store
- What do you need to set up an online store?
- Tips to Success
- Delivery Systems
- A Business Plan
- A Marketing Plan
- Steps in Marketing Plans
- Creating and Using Content
- Determine what to create, how to create it and where to use it
- Websites need Information
- Linking with social media
- Clients giving you content
- Blogs and Newsletters
- How to develop and sustain effective online blogs and newsletters
- What is a blog?
- Online Newsletters
- Developing an Internet Marketing Program
- Learn how to develop a one year online marketing strategy for a new product
- Apply what you have learnt online by developing an internet marketing program
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.