Leadership has been described as the “process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task”. Leadership skills are needed in all facets of our society: business, politics, religion, youth services, and leisure industries, to mention only some. This new online course is relevant to all of those areas, developing your understanding of, and capacity to apply leadership skills.
- Describe the nature and scope of Leadership.
- Determine the qualities which are required in a leader, in different leadership situations, including the workplace, recreation industries and developmental applications.
- Manage interpersonal relationships in support of effective leadership.
- Communicate leadership messages effectively to those you lead.
- Explain methods that may be used for effective team building by a leader.
- Select appropriate thought processes to follow in order to deal with different leadership problems.
- Lead teams through innovative and creative processes
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of modules. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Select each module below to learn more.
Detailed Course Outline..
There are 7 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Leadership
- Defining Leadership
- Leadership and Group Culture
- Leadership & Accountability
- Theories of Leadership
- Leadership Styles
- Situational Leadership
- Contingency Theories
- Style Theories
- Informal Leadership
- Inspirational Leadership
- Path Goal Theory
- Instrumental Theories
- Four Framework Leadership Model
- Scope of Leadership
- Leader Responsibilities
- Sources of Power for a Leader
- Professional Leadership
- Leadership Characteristics/Qualities
- Good Leader Characteristics
- Leadership Potential
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Cognitive Barriers to Leadership
- Nature vs Nurture: Leader Qualities
- Self Assessment
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Interpersonal Skills
- Influencing Others
- Self Knowledge
- The Thought, Feeling, Action Cycle
- Developing Self Awareness
- Self Disclosure
- Communication Skills
- The Communication Process
- Body Language
- Basic Principles of Communication
- Factors Affecting Effective Communication
- Providing Feedback
- Reflective Responses
- Preventing Ineffective Listening
- Open Questions
- Communication Barriers
- Team Building
- Benefits of Teams
- Elements of a Team
- Establishing a Team
- Types of Team Members (Collaborators, Communicators, Challengers, Contributors
- Team Leadership
- Team Leader Responsibilities
- Decision Making in Teams
- Systematic and Lateral Thinking
- Perception Formation
- Bases for Perception
- Information and Perception Formation
- Gestalt Theory & Patterns of Perception
- Perception Formation Implications for a Leader
- Lateral Thinking
- Win-Win Negotiation
- Systematic Thinking
- Legal Liability
- Explain the significance of leadership for a specific project or event.
- Identify the role and tasks of leadership, in the same project.
- Integrate factual information with theoretical information to derive a sensible solution to a leadership problem in a sensible timeframe in the same project.
- Plan the development and building of the team to achieve these aims in the same project.
- Plan actions for sustaining and motivating the team to achieve the aims.
- Provide information on the plan of action to organize the event.
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A.
Liselle Turner Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Diploma in Hospitality Management, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Chad Osorio B. Psych. Juris Doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.