Marketing Foundations is a starting course that deals with the basics of Marketing. Marketing is the process used to identify what products or services might be of interest to customers, and the best strategy to use in sales, communications and business development.
Through this online course you will learn how to understand what the customer wants or needs, and how to sell your product to them. This involves knowing where and how to advertise; how to speak properly, how to read a person's mannerisms (voice and body language).
Explore the potential that exists for new products or services; find what changes are likely to occur in demand for goods and services, and what can assist you in making decisions and developing optimized skills in marketing.
- Discuss the role of marketing in different enterprises.
- Describe the scope of marketing in different enterprises.
- Define the target market for a product or service.
- Determine and manage an appropriate mix of marketing activities for a small enterprise or marketing campaign.
- Evaluate the presentation (including packaging) of a product or service.
- Determine an effective approach to promoting a product or service.
- Compare options for distribution and determine an appropriate price for a product or service.
- Evaluate customer service.
- Conduct relevant market research.
- Consider the impact of internal and external organisations (including legal authorities) upon the marketing activities of an enterprise.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of modules. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Select each module below to learn more.
Detailed Course Outline..
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Marketing and the Business
- What is marketing, and its significance
- Considering alternative approaches to business & marketing
- Alternative enterprises (eg. goods or services based sole proprietor or partnership etc).
- Scope of Marketing Understanding basic economics (eg. supply & demand)
- The difference between the potential market
- Available market
- Target market
- Penetrated market for a product/service of your choice
- Different advertising approaches
- Controlling Growth,
- Improving Results in Business, etc
- Target Marketing
- Understanding the market place
- Stages that sellers move through in their approach to a market
- What is targeting
- Advantages of target marketing as compared to mass marketing and product-differentiated marketing
- The Marketing Mix and Managing the Marketing Effort
- Product, price, place, and promotion
- Affects and interactions between marketing and other operations of a business
- Product Presentation and Packaging
- Importance of product knowledge
- Core, tangible and augmented products
- Differences in packaging & presentation for different products
- Promotion Communication skills
- Shop Floor Layout
- Displaying Products
- Understanding Selling and Increasing Sales
- Sales Methods
- Publicity Marketing,
- Structuring an Advertisement or Promotion
- Advertising budgets, etc
- Product Pricing and Distribution Pricing
- Profitability Ratios
- Increasing Turnover, etc
- Customer Service Methods of assessing customer satisfaction
- Significance of Customer Service
- Different types of customers in the market place and how best to approach each
- Difference between selling, publicising, marketing and advertising, etc
- Market Research
- The research process
- What to research
- Developing and conducting a market research program
- Where to find useful statistics
- Structures and Roles Business law
- Financial Management
- Business Structures
- Business terminology, etc.
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A.
Liselle Turner Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Diploma in Hospitality Management, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Chad Osorio B. Psych. Juris Doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.