There are endless options of how a product or service can be marketed. These different ways of marketing are sometimes put into categories, or classifications, which share common features (i.e. "Marketing Systems”). This online course aims to enlighten you as to the possibilities for marketing; showing you different marketing systems and encouraging a more innovative and creative approach to building a marketing system for any new product or service.
- Explain the difference between the consumer market and other markets.
- Draw a chart showing the market channels followed by a product or service.
- Explain the differences between retailing and wholesaling.
- Explain procedures, stages and concepts involved in retail marketing a product.
- Explain the wholesale marketing system of this business.
- Explain the core, tangible and augmented product of a favourite product which you buy and use frequently?
- Suggest alternative ways that products might be packaged and presented in the retail situation.
- Assess the marketing performance of two different companies.
- Decide what preparatory studies should be made of a country before making a decision about whether to export there or not?
- Explain procedures, stages and concepts involved in the marketing internationally of a product.
- Suggest a product or service which you think has potential for marketing in another country.
- Write a report on the marketing profitability of a business.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
Detailed Course Outline..
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Marketing Systems
- What is a marketing system
- Choosing the right system
- Types of customers
- Pure competition
- Monopolistic competition
- Internet marketing: demographics, promotions, targeting internet users
- Supply systems
- Retailing Systems and Strategies
- Types of retail systems: shops, markets, traveling salesmen, pyramid schemes, shows, telephone sales, etc
- Retail life cycle
- Factors influencing retail strategy
- Wholesale Systems and Strategies
- Self marketing
- Regulated systems
- Independant intermediaries
- Manucacture owned intermediaries
- Agricultural marketinglegislation and marketing boards
- Livestock selling systems -case studies
- Product Presentation and Packaging
- Specialist marketing services: packaging, labelling, display, signs, public relations
- Principles to follow when buying
- Selling: credit or cash?
- Personal service, mail order or self service?
- Shop layout
- Packaging and labelling
- Negotiation Skills
- Understanding customers and markets
- The local environment
- Personal selling skills
- Marketing Organisations
- Distribution enterprises
- Advertising agents or departments
- PR enterprises
- Sales enterprises
- Marketing tasks : Market research, Merchandising, Promotion, Transport, Records
- Marketing strategies
- International Marketing I
- Why enter the international marketplace
- Alternative ways to trade internationally
- Degrees of export marketing
- Significance of the internet
- Analyzing the Market Market analysis
- Trend analysis
- Market research
- Analysing the Market
- The Marketing Mix
- Marketing mix and checklist
- Strategic planning
- Tactical planning
- International Marketing II
- What countries
- Restrictions to international marketing
- Economic communities
- Market entry strategy
- Implementing a strategy
- PBL project
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.