Motivation is the driving force by which humans achieve their goals. Learn to motivate others and keep yourself motivated too! This is recommended course for anyone in a supervisory or management position and this course complements Management and Professional Supervision. Why learn motivation? Motivated employees are needed in our modern workplaces. They help organizations survive. Motivated staff are more productive. So to be effective, managers need to understand what motivates employees within their roles. Of all the roles of a manager, motivating staff is likely the most complex, just like what motivates people is continuously changing.
- Describe the nature and scope of motivation
- Identify the differences between people that distinguish the application of motivational skills
- Explain the significance of knowledge and understanding to motivation.
- Explain the effects of Tangible Rewards (eg: Money, Services, Goods) as a major motivator.
- Explain the effect of intangible Rewards (eg: Security, Ethics, Gratitude, Belief
- Systems/Religion, Peer Pressure) as a major motivator.
- Explain how actions can be motivated by negative motivators such as pain, suffering, discipline, threat), and distinguish this type of motivation from positive motivation.
- Explain how to initiate motivation with an individual or group in a situation not previously confronted.
- Explain how motivation can be maintained or increased in both successful and unsuccessful environments.
- Identify a range of situations where motivational skills can be applied, and determine an appropriate way to initiate and maintain motivation in each of those situations.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- How important is the study of motivation
- What is motivation
- Maslow’s theory of motivation
- Internal or intrinsic incentives
- Incentives external to the working environment
- The relational character of incentives
- Social reinforcers
- Motivation and goals
- Motivation and distress
- Classical conditioning
- Operant conditioning
- Self determination theory
- Hygiene and motivation theory
- Tangible rewards
- Intrinsic motivation
- Security -Cultural, Production of community, Gender, Age, Vocation, Education, etc
- Belief systems
- Peer pressure
- Extrinsic and intrinsic reinforcement at work
- Explain how to initiate motivation with an individual or group for a situation not previously confronted
- Goal setting
- Influence of Groups on individual motivation
- Social loafing
- Employee motivation in the workplace by managers
- Job design
- Motivation for a personal trainer
- Space management
- Time management
- Staff appraisals
- Vicious and virtuous cycles
- PBL Project: Create and present a plan with specific strategies for improving the employee’s motivation in the workplace, based on a clear understanding of the person’s needs, values and situation.
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.