- Determine the price range of different items of equipment and materials.
- Determine the upper and lower limit of what it might be likely to cost you to set up a new office.
- Design a memorandum form.
- Explain postal systems used in a business.
- Create a MS Access Database.
- Design a filing system.
- Design a work schedule suitable for a specific workplace.
- Design a security system that can be implemented in a work situation.
- Design a layout for an office situation.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
Detailed Course Outline..
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Scope and Value of Project Management
- Understanding what project management is
- The Need for Project Management
- The Project Life cycle
- Project Identification and Initiating Process
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation, Execution, and Control
- Project Completion and Evaluation
- Project Identification
- Scope and Nature
- Formulating Project Objectives
- Developing a Project Outline
- Assessing a Projects Feasibility
- Feasibility Checklist
- The Identification Test
- Three Types of Risk
- Planning Projects
- Planning Heirachy
- Planning Parameters
- Planning Quality
- Developing a Strategy Framework
- Project Breakdown Structure
- Planning Time
- The Gantt Chart
- PERT Charts
- Planning Expense
- Delegating Responsibilities
- Implementing a Project
- Controlling Process
- Applying Standards
- Events Control Chart
- Budget Control Chart
- Monitoring Performance
- Evaluating Performance
- Regulating Process
- Completion and Evaluation of a Project
- Why is a Closing Phase Necessary
- Declaring Iminent Completion
- Reassignment of Resources
- Considering Project Sustainability
- Project Assessment; Final Report, Performance Reviews
- Appraising the Project
- Why Projects Succeed or Fail
- Developing Technical Project Management Skills
- Preparing a Project Proposal
- Proposal Layout
- Drawing Up a Budget
- Constructing a Post Project Appraisal
- Software for Projects; How Project Management Software Works, choosing software
- What Project Management Software Cannot Do
- Understanding Leadership Skills
- Scope and Nature of Leadership
- How to Be A Project Leader
- Visibility & CommunicationsLeadership Characteristics
- Leadership Skills
- Improving Leadership Skills
- Giving Directives and Introducing Change
- Improving Critical Personnel Skills
- Inevitability of Problems
- Common Problems
- Schedule variations
- Changing priorities
- Administration overload
- Deadline Changes
- Cash blow out
- Inappropriate skills
- Role Confusion
- Exhausted Team
- Reduced Motivation
- Communication Breakdown
- Major Assignment
- Development of full documentation for projects
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.