In this Supervision online course you will develop an understanding of all the factors affecting supervision and the strategies for more effective supervision to increase productivity. It is relevant to both supervisors and potential supervisors. The key to success of any company or organization is good management and the key to good management is a good Supervisor. Good supervision is important to the successful management of any venture, large or small, profit motivated, social, charity, educational or personal in scope.
- Explain and create an organisational chart.
- Describe the five basic kinds of Unions.
- Report on what you expect to achieve by practicing good human relations.
- Define objectives, goals, tasks to be achieved.
- Describe what steps should be taken before re organising a section or department?
- Draw up a work area for an office, factory etc.
- Show step by step how you would work through the problem solving technique systematically, in order to determine a good way of dealing with this problem.
- Write a diplomatic letter to a union in response to a complaint.
- Draw up a suitable advertisement for a position of a "Salesperson"
- Explain the methods most frequently used to train new employees.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
Detailed Course Outline..
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Functions of a supervisor
- Organisational structures & heirachy
- Bases for organisational structure
- Organisational charts
- Supervisors responsibilities
- How supervisors fit into an organisation
- What does a supervisor do.
- Understanding the Workplace
- Government and private personnel departments, unions
- Law and employees
- Contracted responsibilities
- Liability for staff actions
- Workplace elements
- Communications and Human Relations
- Influence in the workplace (formal authority, Reward and punishment, Knowledge, Leadership, Power, etc)
- Managing Aptitude (Status, Prestige, Loyalty, Security, Friendship, Personality, Workload, etc),
- Good Business Writing
- Motivating employees
- Internal Incentives
- Environmental Incentives
- Practical ways to motivate
- Organising the workplace
- Good work habits
- Planning a Work schedule
- Establishing priorities
- Improving results
- Project planning and management tools
- Organising the work space
- Problem solving techniques
- Solving problems
- Guidelines for making decisions
- Types of problem, solvers
- Different ways to solve problems
- Involving others
- A Classic Problem Solving Technique
- Discipline, complaints, and grievances
- Levels of discipline (reprimanding, fixing, blame, formal warning, removing privileges, termination of employment, legal action)
- Increasing self discipline
- Introducing change
- Giving orders
- Interviewing, recruitment, and training
- Job interviews
- Successful interviewing
- Resumes/ C.V’s
- Training Staff
- Staff Procedure Documents
- Staff contracts
- Workplace safety
- Cost of injury and illness
- Duty of Care
- Managing manual work safely
- Protective equipment
- Dealing with management: Worker participation, report writing, staff meetings
- Purpose of meetings
- Leading a meeting
- Problems with meetings
- Meeting documentation
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.