Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
Become a business coach and learn to provide mentorship and pass on your skills, experience and knowledge to others. Business coaches are employed when businesses feel they need to improve their decision making, improve their business strategies and especially when the they need help to making goals happen.
Learn the role of the business coach and how to operate as a consultant in this exciting industry. In this business coaching course you will also learn how to help others make the most of their business, help them learn how to improve productivity and to improve their resource management.
What you will learn:
- Describe services that a business coach can offer clients; identify opportunities to work as a business coach; and develop an understanding of a business coach’s role.
- Understand how to gather relevant data and conduct an initial consultation with a client.
- Explain the options for action to optimise the operation of a new or existing business.
- Understand methods of providing business coaching to improve productivity.
- Develop awareness of ways in which business coaching can improve marketing.
- Discuss ways to provide business coaching to improve the recruitment, skills, performance and motivation of staff.
- Understand how business coaching can be used to improve resource management.
- Deliver a comprehensive business coaching service to a client.
"I am really enjoying this course and find business coaching very interesting. The assessments are a great way to get involved, do research into the area further and then write about the findings. This course is a fabulous way to learn about business coaching - the content is well written, interesting and easy to understand. I love reading about the case studies – they are really helpful." J. Kidcaff, Business Coaching Graduate
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
Nature and Scope of Business Coaching
- Nature of Business Coaching, Life Coaching and Sports Coaching
- Why People Use Business Coaches
- Case Studies
- Business Failure or Success
The Initial Consultation
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Goal Centred Approach
- Reality based approach
- Motivational Approach
- First Contact
- SWOT Analysis
- Replace Negative with Positive Habits
- Monitor and Evaluate Progress
- Case Studies
Considering Alternative Actions
- Developing a Business Plan
- Feasibility Studies
- Formal Documentation
- Operational Management
- Strategic Planning
- Operational Planning
- Components of a Business Plan
- Implementing Ideas
- Changing Behaviour
- Looking after long term Viability
- Partial Sell Offs
- R & D
- Changing Products and Services
- Buying a New Business
- Selling or Winding Down
- Case Studies
- Quality Circles
- Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Pareto Analysis
- Internal and Intrinsic Incentives
- Incentives External to Working Environment
- Social Reinforcers as Incentives
- Tangible Rewards
- Case Studies
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Starting out in Business
- Making Contact
- Controlling Growth
- Improving Results
Building Better Staff
- Staff recruitment
- Team building and Team Management
- Staff development and Training
Improving Resource Management
- BRM (Business Resource Management)
- Stress Management
- Case Studies
Putting into Practice
- PBL Based Project
- Significance of knowledge of interviewing and assessment
- Incentives and motivational strategies
- Productivity and marketing strategies
- Theoretical information to derive sensible solutions
- Initial business coaching assessment for a specified business
- Actions for improving and sustaining the level of performance
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.