Outdoor Plant Production (Crops) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
CROP GROWING COURSE – NUTS, FRUITS, BERRIES, HERBS, VEGETABLES & CUT FLOWERS LEARN TO GROW CROPS SUCCESSFULLY OUTDOORS.
Gain skills and knowledge necessary to grow and sell many different crops. Study in your time and at your own pace. This course provides a thorough knowledge framework in outdoor production of common crops.
Learn about site & crop selection, soil management, cut flowers, vegetables, berries, nuts, herbs, tree fruits, other crops, managing a market garden and more.
- Explain different cropping systems and their appropriate application for the production of different types of crops.
- Evaluate and explain organic plant production, and the requirements in at least two different countries, to achieve organic certification.
- Explain the function of soils and plant nutrition in outdoor cropping systems.
- Describe the commercial production of a range of nursery stock.
- Describe the commercial production of a range of tree fruit crops.
- Explain techniques used to produce a range of soft fruits.
- Explain techniques used to grow a range of vegetables.
- Explain the commercial production of outdoor-grown cut flowers.
- Describe the commercial production of herbs, nuts and other miscellaneous crops.
- Identify the risks that may occur in outdoor crop production.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.