Publishing A (Introduction) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
- Learn how the industry works,
- Learn the creative and artistic skills of the trade
- Learn how to market your work
- Develop an understanding of the ethical issues and laws relating to the field.
Use this course as a step toward self publishing, furthering your opportunities working for publishers, or starting your own business. You will also have a chance to undertake a stimulating publishing project and implement the skills you have learned. Continuing on with the courses Publishing II and III will round out your knowledge of this complex and entertaining industry.
- Define the scope and nature of publishing today.
- Describe some of the processes that are commonly used to perform work tasks in the publishing industry.
- Identify a viable process to follow for desktop publishing of a small publication for printing on paper.
- Identify a viable process to follow for desktop publishing of a small publication in an electronic format (eg. E book or web site).
- Evaluate different types of illustration for ease and relevance for use in different publishing situations.
- Determine photography appropriate for inclusion in a publication.
- Determine research required appropriate to the needs of a publication.
- Determine a marketing strategy appropriate to the needs of a publication.
- Identify the impact of legal and ethical issues on a publisher.
- Plan the production and marketing of a publication.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.