Understand environmental systems and the care and regeneration of vegetation
This hands-on and practical course will teach you about rehabilitating sites without having to do a degree, this is a good place to obtain the knowledge necessary to get you up and running.
Landscape restoration is a growing field. The importance of trees to land management cannot be overstated. Often in the past they have been seen as competing for valuable land space and felled indiscriminately. Over clearing of trees can lead to salinity problems and numerous forms of erosion and land slips Retention and where necessary, selective replanting of trees is now widely practiced and shows major benefits toward improving farm viability and ultimately production.
Gain practical skills in managing re-vegetation of trees, propagation, planting and more.
- Farmers, Landscapers, Parks Manager, Gardeners
- Students, Teachers and Academics
- Environmental Consultants
- Land Managers, Soil Scientists or anyone else interested in building their understanding of how trees can be better used to improve or sustain
- Develop the ability to write the scientific names of plants and to identify and compare different types of land degradation and rehabilitation alternatives.
- Outline the basics of ecology concepts and how soils, flora and fauna interact and affect one another.
- Develop basic seed propagation skills and knowledge.
- Describe further propagation and nursery techniques.
- Describe the effect of plants on improving chemical characteristics of a degraded site.
- Determine the physical effect plants have on improving a degraded site.
- Determine appropriate plant establishment programs.
- Determine procedures to care for plants, during establishment in a hostile environment.
- Determine techniques to maximise plant development in land rehabilitation situations.
- Determine the management procedures and rehabilitation requirements of degraded soil.
Get Free Info Pack
Complete the form below and we'll send you a free info pack.
Detailed Course Outline
Each course is made up a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
- Approaches To Land Rehabilitation
- Ecology Of Soils And Plant Health
- Introduction To Seed Propagation Techniques
- Propagation And Nursery Stock.
- Dealing With Chemical Problems
- Physical Plant Effects On Degraded Sites
- Plant Establishment Programs
- Hostile Environments
- Plant Establishment Care
- Rehabilitating Degraded Sites
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Bachelor of Science (Zoology) (Hons), M.Phil. PhD (UTS) current.
I am currently doing my PhD in Environmental Science at the University of Technology Sydney. My research is centered around the effects of climate change on the hatchling velvet gecko population in Australia. This involves collecting wild gravid geckos and incubating their eggs under laboratory conditions. Through exposure to a variety of incubation temperature treatments, I have operationalized my investigation which aims to determine the effect of higher temperatures on hatchling geckos. I am currently in stage 3 of research, which comprises writing a thesis and developing manuscripts for publishing. Prior to my present endeavors within the scientific field, I have also successfully completed a B.Sc. degree, majoring in Zoology, (specialised field: Wildlife Management) with first-class honors and an M.Phil. Degree in Life Sciences. My passion has always been teaching and thus I have worked for seven years as a lecturer at various universities. I love helping students with their own studies.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.