Green Keeping C (Turf Repair & Renovation) BHT303 Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Lessons, Quizzes, Final Test, Certificate
About this Course
Learn to diagnose and treat problems efficiently on:
- Golf and Bowling Greens, Playing Fields, Parks
- Home lawns, Public Parks, Commercial sites
A course specifically designed for people working with turf such as green keepers, gardeners, managers of sports turf facilities.
- Compare the characteristics of different turfs with reference to hardiness, pest & disease resistance, tolerance to play, suitability for different applications, etc
- Explain different turf problems (including; soil problems, pest & disease weed, environmental, etc)
- Explain the effect of various adverse situations on the physiology of turf plants. Carry out turf consultancy, conducting site inspections and giving appropriate recommendations.
- Develop solutions for the repair of damaged turf.
- Identify the cause of deteriorating condition in a selected turf
- Explain different repair techniques for control of problems identified.
- Compare different solutions for the problem identified.
- Develop turf renovation programs for different types of turf facilities
- Compare renovation programs for different turf facilities
- Identify when renovation becomes economically prudent for different facilities and lots more!
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.