Understand the chemistry of food and the effects of food additives
Very few people can maintain a good state of health without being aware of the effects of bad nutrition and food additives such as artificial flavours and colouring
In this course you will explore the methods to balance a diet, the things and combinations of things to avoid, detoxification therapy and methods, and look into the world of nutritional careers and consulting.
- Explain different food related health problems.
- Determine the effect which different physical methods of food intake, can have upon health, including time and order of eating, and chewing.
- Manage food sensitivity problems.
- Implement procedures to avoid food poisoning.
- List food related factors which can have a negative influence on health.
- Distinguish between characteristics of the diets of two healthy people with diets of two unhealthy people, studied by the learner.
- Differentiate between dietary and other affects, on the health of a specific individual.
- Explain the significance of cholesterol to health of a specific demographic group.
- Explain the significance of diet to cancer in a specified demographic group.
- Compare differences in physiological responses to different patterns of eating, including: *The order in which different types of food are eaten; * The time of day when different types of food are eaten; *The degree to which different types of foods are chewed; *The speed of swallowing; *The amount of time between eating different food types.
- Explain food combining principles, in a diet designed to optimise food combining principles.
- Plan a dietary timetable which optimises the ability of a typical person on a specified budget, to digest and assimilate food.
- Formulate a nutritionally balanced vegetarian diet.
- Formulate a diet compatible with a person's level of physical activity.
- Manage fibre in the diet.
- Manage diet to optimise dental health.
- Recommend a safe method of detoxification.
- Recommend a nutritional program to a client in a proper and responsible manner.
Detailed Course Outline
Each course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online.
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Jodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching. Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity. More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be. Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.