Learn to be a Weight Loss Consultant - start your own business!
- Learn to help people be their best and lead healthier lives
- Suitable for students who want to work for themselves or others
- Study from home at your own pace
If you are passionate about helping people lose weight and start leading healthier more enjoyable lives, then this course is for you. Whether you want to work in this industry or start your own business.
This course is one of two weight loss management courses that Careerline offers. This course is suitable for students wanting to find work or set up their own business in Weight Loss Management. Our other weight loss course is Nutrition for Weight Loss and it focuses on the nutritional aspects of losing weight. It is highly recommended as an adjunct course to Weight Loss Consultancy.
Accreditation: Graduates with this qualification can apply for either Associate, Full or Executive IICT Membership and take advantage of their great insurance schemes!
What you will do in this Weight Loss Consultant Course:
- Explain factors that affect weight in a body.
- Determine the scope and nature of the weight loss industry in your region.
- Explain the role of physical activity in weight loss and provide practical advice and resources for you to use as a weight loss consultant.
- Explain the role of dietary change in weight loss and provide practical advice and resources for you to use as a weight loss consultant.
- Explain a variety of ways that psychology can be applied to the control of weight.
- Determine weight status of clients
- Select and implement and manage the use of different techniques to control weight in clients
- Identify a viable weight loss service, and those things that must be done to optimize the chance of ongoing success.
- Adapt dietary resources based on needs of an individual or a particular group.
- Planning to start a weight management group
- Develop a weight management service as a business
Detailed Course Outline
Each course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
Scope and Nature of Weight Loss
- Obesity Defined
- Life Events
- Middle Age
- Stopping Smoking
- Weight gain linked to Medication
- Weight gain following Injury or Illness
- Scope and Nature of Weight Loss Industry
- Health Programs
- Meal Replacement Products
- Surgery for Weight Loss
Managing Physical Activity
- Role of Physical Activity in Energy Balance
- Role of Physical Activity Raising Metabolic Rate
- Bone Mass Maintenance
- Physical Activity and Mental Health
- Specific Aspects of Exercise When Overweight
- Tips to get started with Exercise
- Types of Exercise and Effectiveness for Weight Loss
- Cardiovascular Activity
- Optimum Target Heart Rate for Fat Burning
- Resistance Activities
- Exercise Progression
- Recommending Exercise
Managing the Diet
- Teaching Portion Control
- Beginning to Address Portion Control
- Energy Density
- Fats and Energy Density
- Sources of Fats
- Tips to Reduce Fat
- Practical Tips Based on Daily Meal Plan
- Sugar and Weight Reducing
- General Weight Loss Tips
- Using Food Diaries
- Nutrition Resources and Lesson Planning
Managing the Psychology
- Eating and Emotions
- The Brain and Weight Management
- Managing the Psychology
- Helping People to Make Changes
- Stages og Change Explained -Pre contemplation, Contemplation, Preparation, Action, Maintenance, Relapse
Tools for the Consultant
- Determining Weight Status of Clients
- Administering Weight Checks
- Calculating BMI
- Interpreting BMI
- Setting Targets
- Determining Waiste Measurement
- Health Evaluation
- Nutritional Advice
- Running Supermarket Tours
- Food Labels
Delivering Weight Loss Services
- Individual Consultations
- Features of an Ideal One to One Consultation
- Good Questioning Skills
- Running Group Sessions
- Running Independant Weight Management Group Sessions
- Joining an Established Weight Management Business
- Potential Barriers to Weight Loss
- Social Issues and Pressure
- Time Constraints
- Physical Limitations
- Psychological Limitations
- Hormonal Issues
Conducting a Weight Loss Consultation
- The Next Step
- Target Marketing
- PBL Project
Establishing a Weight Loss Business
- Starting a New Business
- Personality and Lifestyle
- Industry Knowledge and Experience
- Starting a Business versus Buying a Franchise
- Business Plans
- The Planning Process
- The Marketing PlanPromotion, Advertising, Networking
- Summary of a Successful Business
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Jodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching. Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity. More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be. Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.