Australian Native Ferns Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Australian native ferns are amongst some of the most beautiful in the world. In this course you will learn to establish stunning fern gardens for all climates. You will also learn which ferns occur naturally in Australia, how to identify them, where to obtain accurate information on them, how to propagate them, growing and using ferns in baskets, terrariums, and landscapes.
- 100 hours
- Self paced online course
- 1-on-1 Tutor support
- Use ferns in gardens or as indoor plants
- Discuss the diverse range of ferns native to Australia and the plant naming and classification system.
- Describe the cultural requirements of ferns
- Propagate ferns and identify various propagating media and methods.
- Describe a range of ferns that are commonly grown and freely available at nurseries.
- Explain the significance of a range of important Australian fern species
- Differentiate less common species of Australian fern genera
- Demonstrate more in depth the knowledge acquired through research, of a specific group of ferns.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.