Garden Maintenance Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Proper garden maintenance will save you time and money. Learn how with this course.
Understand the shortcuts to have a good looking garden without huge amounts of time and money.Highly respected and qualified industry experts as tutors.Learn more about garden maintenance.
- Evaluate the maintenance needs and develop a plan for maintaining a garden.
- Select and maintain tools and equipment appropriately for use in garden maintenance.
- Describe maintenance requirements for garden structures such as furniture, gates and fencing.
- Maintain appropriate nutrition requirements for healthy plant growth.
- Control weeds in a garden.
- Use weedicides in a safe and effective way.
- Control pests using non chemical methods.
- Use chemical pesticides safely and efficiently.
- Maintain lawns in a healthy and well maintained condition.
- Describe options for managing water in a garden.
- Determine actions that should be taken to maintain a variety of different plants.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.