Herbs (Introductory) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn to effectively grow the herbs. Study different varieties of herbs.
Study in your own time and at your own pace. Learn from experts in their field.
An introductory course for the beginner; you will gain a good grasp of basic herb growing and be able to identify a range of herbs.
A broad based six lesson course for beginners to herb growing, covering the history of herb use, herb culture, and identification of the major herbs. This course involves about 80 hours of study with an emphasis on growing and using herbs as a recreation. Thvariuos herbs are studied in detail and a systematic way of identifying herbs is emphasized.
- Define herb
- Identify herbs suitable for hanging baskets, indoor growing, and appropriate methods of propagation for at least 50 herb species
- Define and describe companion planting
- Give examples of appropriate companion planting
- Build an efficient compost heap
- Identify appropriate herbs for culinary uses
- Identify some medicinal uses for herbs
- Explain the culture of a range of different herbs
- Explain a variety of different uses for a range of most commonly cultivated herbs.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.