Irrigation (Gardens) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This is a ten lesson course that covers the design, installation, maintenance, operation and evaluation of simple irrigation systems. For students already working with irrigation but wanting to learn more we recommend Irrigation Management (Horticulture).
- Learn about the equipment and techniques used for plant watering
- Learn to irrigate plants in gardens, plant nurseries, indoors, greenhouses, etc.
- Become a better gardener, nurseryman or horticulturist
- Explain the significance of soil in irrigation.
- Explain how to determine when to irrigate in a small scale situation.
- Manage irrigation in a given situation.
- Explain the significance of different aspects of moving water including: drainage, pumps, filters, storage and recirculation.
- Select an appropriate irrigation system for a given situation.
- Explain the principles of design for a simple irrigation system.
- Design a simple irrigation system.
- Oversee the installation of an irrigation system.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.