Train to be a Landscaper at Home
"Investigate the style of different types of gardens"
Learn to apply the principles, design features and elements that make upmany types and styles ofgardens. This is an outstanding course for even experienced landscape designers, developing skills in developing everything from a formal to an eclectic garden, and a Mediterranean to an oriental landscape.
- Explain the use of colour, light, shade, temperature, water, foliage and other elements in establishing the mood of a garden.
- Describe gardens from different places and periods in history; and in doing so explain how to renovate and/or recreate gardens that reflect the style of different historic periods.
- Apply the principles, design features and elements that make up a formal garden.
- Discuss cultural and historical traditions that contributed to the development and style of the oriental garden.
- Discuss cultural and historical traditions that have contributed to the development and style of the Middle Eastern and Spanish garden.
- Discuss the historic, climatic and cultural influences which have contributed to the style of Mediterranean gardens.
- Discuss design styles of coastal gardens
- Explain the limitations and potential of coastal sites when preparing a landscape design.
- Discuss contemporary garden design styles and possible future trends in garden design.
- Identify the range of diversity possible in garden design.
- Identify characteristics of different garden styles including eclectic, dryland, permaculture, rainforest and tropical garden styles.
- Design different styles of gardens.
Get Free Info Pack
Complete the form below and we'll send you a free info pack.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Barbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design. Meanwhile the business has covered a variety of Garden Design projects, from wildflower gardens to seaside situations, and has included some work with Chelsea Gold multi-winner John Moreland.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.