CROP GROWING COURSE - NUTS, FRUITS, BERRIES, HERBS, VEGETABLES & CUT FLOWERS LEARN TO GROW CROPS SUCCESSFULLY OUTDOORS.
Gain skills and knowledge necessary to grow and sell many different crops. Study in your time and at your own pace. This course provides a thorough knowledge framework in outdoor production of common crops.
Learn about site & crop selection, soil management, cut flowers, vegetables, berries, nuts, herbs, tree fruits, other crops, managing a market garden and more.
- Explain different cropping systems and their appropriate application for the production of different types of crops.
- Evaluate and explain organic plant production, and the requirements in at least two different countries, to achieve organic certification.
- Explain the function of soils and plant nutrition in outdoor cropping systems.
- Describe the commercial production of a range of nursery stock.
- Describe the commercial production of a range of tree fruit crops.
- Explain techniques used to produce a range of soft fruits.
- Explain techniques used to grow a range of vegetables.
- Explain the commercial production of outdoor-grown cut flowers.
- Describe the commercial production of herbs, nuts and other miscellaneous crops.
- Identify the risks that may occur in outdoor crop production.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack, just fill in the form below and we'll send it out.
Agriculture spans a wide variety of specializations. Who your tutor is will depend on which area of agriculture you are studying. Upon enrollment you will be assigned your own personal tutor who is there to support you throughout your studies.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.