Perennials Online Course
This course will give you the opportunity to become an expert in this field. Perennials are gaining popularity - many are dry garden tolerant and as a result many people are showing an interest in growing and learning about such a diverse range of plant species. A great fully rounded course covering diverse aspects of plant growing."Practical and versatile perennials!Perennials come in all forms, from herbaceous plants that die down in the winter and re-emerge in spring (year after year), to plants that retain their soft-stemmed leafy growth year round. Although beautiful, many perennials are also tough and very much adapted to a variety of climates - ranging from very dry to wet. Some have colourful foliage as well as beautiful flowers, others add architectural interest - but all add excitement and diversity to the landscape or garden as they burst into flower each year. Discover what perennials are, which perennial plants are most popular today, their cultural requirements (ie. feeding, watering, soil requirements, pruning, pest control), and learn how to use them to create beautiful landscapes. A course equally valuable to landscapers, nurserymen, cut flower growers and garden enthusiasts.
- Describe the identification of Perennial Plants
- Determine sources of further information for identifying and growing different varieties of perennials.
- Discuss a variety of cultural techniques used to improve success in growing of different perennial plants
- Determine the propagation of different perennial plants.
- Discuss the horticulture of a range of commonly grown perennial genera.
- Discuss the management of pests and diseases occurring on a range of perennial plants.
- Manage irrigation and drainage to ensure optimum water levels are maintained for healthy growth in perennials.
- Determine appropriate use of perennials in a range of horticultural situations.
- Describe a variety of uses for perennials.
This course will give you the opportunity to become an expert in this field. Perennials are gaining popularity – many are dry garden tolerant and as a result many people are showing an interest in growing and learning about such a diverse range of plant species. A great fully rounded course covering diverse aspects of […]