Study the techniques at Home so you will be prepared when you head out.
Learn about Hiking, Camping, Bushwalking, Exploring and leading eco tours and excursions
Work in an outdoor supply or camping shop; or in the tourism or leisure industries.
This course builds an understanding of the things you are likely to confront when you leave civilisation and provides a foundation for preparing yourself and those who accompany you for any excursion into a natural area.
This course is valuable to people who may have a recreational interest in wilderness exploration, orienteers, tour guides, scout leaders, or ecotour business owners.
- To appreciate the scope and implications of ecotourism opportunities in wilderness areas.
- To be able to prepare for an excursion into a wilderness area
- To determine appropriate methods of protecting against the elements.
- To determine different uses for natural resources in the wilderness.
- To be able to navigate in a wilderness area using a variety of different techniques.
- To deal with a range of emergencies in a wilderness situation, including developing contingency plans and determining appropriate first aid.
- Explain campsite establishment and management.
- Determine appropriate procedures for managing different passive wilderness activities.
- Determine appropriate procedures for managing different water based wilderness activities.
- Determine appropriate procedures for managing different active wilderness activities
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of modules. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Select each module below to learn more.
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A.
Liselle Turner Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Diploma in Hospitality Management, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Chad Osorio B. Psych. Juris Doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.