Human Nutrition C (Nutritional Foundation of Diseases) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Understand the chemistry of food and the effects of food additives
Very few people can maintain a good state of health without being aware of the effects of bad nutrition and food additives such as artificial flavours and colouring
In this course you will explore the methods to balance a diet, the things and combinations of things to avoid, detoxification therapy and methods, and look into the world of nutritional careers and consulting.
- Explain different food related health problems.
- Determine the effect which different physical methods of food intake, can have upon health, including time and order of eating, and chewing.
- Manage food sensitivity problems.
- Implement procedures to avoid food poisoning.
- List food related factors which can have a negative influence on health.
- Distinguish between characteristics of the diets of two healthy people with diets of two unhealthy people, studied by the learner.
- Differentiate between dietary and other affects, on the health of a specific individual.
- Explain the significance of cholesterol to health of a specific demographic group.
- Explain the significance of diet to cancer in a specified demographic group.
- Compare differences in physiological responses to different patterns of eating, including: *The order in which different types of food are eaten; * The time of day when different types of food are eaten; *The degree to which different types of foods are chewed; *The speed of swallowing; *The amount of time between eating different food types.
- Explain food combining principles, in a diet designed to optimise food combining principles.
- Plan a dietary timetable which optimises the ability of a typical person on a specified budget, to digest and assimilate food.
- Formulate a nutritionally balanced vegetarian diet.
- Formulate a diet compatible with a person’s level of physical activity.
- Manage fibre in the diet.
- Manage diet to optimise dental health.
- Recommend a safe method of detoxification.
- Recommend a nutritional program to a client in a proper and responsible manner.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.