Water Gardening Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
“Study the design and application of water features”
This course is a splash! Develop your skills in designing, constructing and maintaining a variety of different types of water gardens (fountains, streams, ponds, waterfalls, etc).
Water gardens may be small or large, and when used properly can bring movement, sounds and a character to a garden that cannot be found any other way.
- Understand the nature and scope of water gardens.
- Identify and describe generic construction materials and techniques suitable for water gardens and pools.
- Select appropriate equipment for use with water features.
- Specify the design and construction of a pond or watercourse.
- Specify the design, construction and maintenance of a spa or swimming pool.
- Specify the design & construction of a Water Feature other than a pond or water course.
- Identify the water plants commonly used in water gardens.
- Identify a variety of aquatic animals suitable for water gardens, and their requirements.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.