This online course provides a very solid foundation for you to learn or enhance management skills.
Management in all business and organizational activities is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Management comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading and directing, and controlling an organization or effort for the purpose of accomplishing a goal. This course covers essential topics such as the role of a manager, contract law, management objectives, mission’s statements, different management styles, organizational structures, reporting, office management, scope of managers and much more in this comprehensive course.
- Explain the role of managers in an organization and the kinds of organizations in which they function.
- Identify the processes and procedures that are associated with the effective management of staff in the workplace.
- Describe the use of motivation in the workplace and the effects this can have on staff performance.
- Describe how to recruit and interview a new staff member for a specific job in an organisation.
- Discuss workgroup project preparation, costing, performance analysis and goal completion from a managerial perspective.
- Describe the principles of Occupational Health and Safety policies, and their application in your industry sector.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of modules. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Select each module below to learn more.
There are 7 lessons in this course:
Introduction and Organisational Structures
- Types of Organisations
- Legal Status
- Liability for Staff Actions
- Basic Contract Law
- Role of a Manager
- Management Objectives
- Management Processes
- Mission Statements
- Types of Managers
- Levels of Management
- Organisational Structures; formal and informal
- Division of Responsibilities
- Understanding the Workplace
- Scope of Office Work
- Report Writing
Management Theories and Procedures
- Motivating Employees
- Classic School of Management Theory
- Behavioural School of Management Theory
- Management Science School of Management Theory
- Other Management Theorists and their Ideas; Weber, Barnard, Follett, Mazlow, Herzberg
- Contingency Planning
- Introducing Change
- Giving Orders
- Types of Orders
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving Technique
- Types of Managers
- Group Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution Techniques
- The Planning Process
- Implementing a Plan
- Time Management
- Planning for Your Organisation
- The Importance of Planning
- Developing a Business Plan
- Lateral Thinking
Management Styles and External Influences
- Management Styles
- Target Oriented Management
- Process Oriented Management
- Interactive Oriented Management
- Management as Leaders
- Perceptual Barriers
- Perceptual Change
- Motivating Employees to Change their Perception
- Other Factors affecting Managers Effectiveness; Stress, Self Esteem, Career Management, Security etc
Employing People and Interview Skills
- Advertising for New Staff
- Anti Discrimination
- Communication at an Interview
- Common Communication Barriers
- Staff Training
- Training Programs
- Conversation with Trainees
- Scope and Nature
- Learn to Plan
- Steps for Successful Goal Achievement
- Managing Staff Levels
- Importance of Clear Procedures
- Writing Procedures
- Quality Assurance
- Job Satisfaction
- Professional Supervision
- Dealing with Grievances
- Workplace Health and Safety
Ethics and Equity
- Code of Conduct
- Interpreting Code of Conduct
- Refund Policy
- Honesty and Fairness
- Intellectual Property Rights
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A.
Liselle Turner Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Diploma in Hospitality Management, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Chad Osorio B. Psych. Juris Doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.