Working Remotely (Short Course)
$199.00 Inc GST
Lessons, Quizzes, Final Test, Certificate
What to expect:
This short course will help you understand how to manage a business with employees working at home. It covers important considerations for working at home to ensure that your business remains profitable whilst your staff are working at home.
Working remotely has been part of some people’s jobs for years, but it is also something which has evolved quickly in recent times. The recent covid-19 pandemic forced many businesses to insist on large swathes of their workforce spending a considerable amount of their working hours conducting work from home.
For some this transition was relatively straightforward, but for others it posed a significant challenge. Many workforces were not set up to cope with the difficulties of working remotely, employees may not have had suitable working environments at home, or they lacked the equipment needed.
How does it work?
At the end of each lesson, you will be given a short interactive test to undertake, which will provide an indication of how your learning is progressing. Upon completing the very last lesson, you will be offered a more thorough automated test or examination. This final assessment can be undertaken at any time of day or night; and any day of the week; and if you achieve an overall pass (60% or more); you will be able to obtain a “certificate of completion” with your name and completion date on it.
Note: these short courses are self-guided online courses and are not to be confused with our tutor-supported online courses.
There are 7 Lessons in this course:
1. Nature and Scope of Remote Work
- Nature of remote work
- Scope of remote workplaces for different goods and service business structures
- Timeframe? Is it a short term decision or long term?
2. Benefits and Challenges of Doing Business Remotely
- Impact of remote work on businesses
- Impact of remote work on employees
- Impact of remote work on the environment
- How different sectors can engage with remote learning
3. Technologies for Remote Businesses
- Hardware technologies
- Software technologies
4. Communicating Remotely
- Face-to-face communication vs. Remote communication
- Creating a positive share culture in the workplace
- How to effectively use different types of remote communication
5. Managing and Supporting Staff Remotely
- Managing staff remotely
- Recruitment & training
- Supporting staff
6. Remote Delivery of Goods and Services
- Examples of goods businesses suited to remote work
- Managing delivery of goods remotely
- Examples of service businesses suited to remote work
7. Online Events
- Final assessment