Psychological Assessment (Psychometric Testing) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
A psychological assessment is when a trained psychologist uses the strategies and tools of psychology to learn general or specific facts about people, either to let others know how they function or to foresee their behaviour and functioning in the future.
- Learn how Psychological Assessments are carried out.
- Professional Development Course for anyone working in Psychology, Counselling or Management
- Self paced study, 100 hour course, Personal tuition from professional psychologists
- Explain the main kinds of psychological tests and why they are used, and meaning of test reliability and validity
- Explain ethical and other factors that constrain clinical assessment
- Describe a structured and an unstructured interview
- Explain behavioural assessment and how it can be conducted
- Discuss Wechsler scales in detail
- Explain the purpose and use of the Wechsler Memory Test
- Explain the purpose and usage of the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory
Your TutorDr. Nicholas Harris B. Psychology (Hons I), PhD
Nicholas is a social psychologist; he studies and teaches on topics involving group-level and individual-level behavior, as well as examining the effect of the situation. Nicholas has been involved in writing textbooks and research papers in psychology. Nicholas’ teaching experience is vast; he has taught social psychology, indigenous and intercultural psychology, statistics, research methods, psychological measurement and assessment, personality, organizational psychology, counselling skills, and ethics. Nicholas has also completed a number of short courses on counselling and suicide prevention, and has volunteered for a number of years with Lifeline. Nicholas has supervised a number of honours and master’s research theses.