Nut Production (Temperate) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
- Learn to identify and grow a wide range of edible nuts
- Learn from professional university trained horticulturists with decades of industry experience
- Build networks within industry and discover opportunities for commercial production or self sufficiency
- With increased pressure on food supply & the environment, opportunities for food production experts are set to expand in the future -Now is the time to study.
This course will reveal the world of nut growing, expanding your horizons, deepening your knowledge and laying a foundation for the production of successful nut cropping.
- Identify different nut crop varieties.
- Determine the cultivation practices appropriate to a range of different nut crops.
- Determine how to propagate a range of different nut plants.
- Determine appropriate techniques for harvesting a nut crop.
- Specify an appropriate post-harvest treatment for a nut crop.
- Develop marketing strategies for nuts.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.