Park Management B Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
This course builds on Park Management A, but could be taken as a stand alone course. Park Management B focuses more on managing the various aspects of parks such as visitor supervision and monitoring, trail management, risk management and safety issues and the marketing of commercial operations. Other courses that would be useful in this career pathway would be Conservation and Environmental management, eco-tour management, wildlife management, zoo keeping and animal behavior.
- Explain the role of nature parks in preserving natural environments.
- Explain the role of nature parks as a recreation resource.
- Explain the issues of managing wildlife in nature parks.
- Explain the design of visitor amenities in nature parks and their impact on the environment.
- Explain the role interpretative facilities in nature parks.
- Explain the design and construction of trails within nature parks.
- Explain the importance and management of natural water areas in nature parks.
- Explain the importance of effective marketing in promoting nature parks.
- Explain safety issues and hazard management in nature parks.
- Explain the use of risk management plans in nature parks.
Your TutorTheja Abayarathna Bachelor of Science (Zoology) (Hons), M.Phil. PhD (UTS)
Theja is currently doing her PhD in Environmental Science at the University of Technology Sydney. Her research is centered around the effects of climate change on the hatchling velvet gecko population in Australia. This involves collecting wild gravid geckos and incubating their eggs under laboratory conditions. Through exposure to a variety of incubation temperature treatments, she has operationalized her investigation which aims to determine the effect of higher temperatures on hatchling geckos. Theja is currently in stage 3 of the research, which comprises writing a thesis and developing manuscripts for publishing. Prior to her present endeavors within the scientific field, she has also successfully completed a B.Sc. degree, majoring in Zoology (specialised field: Wildlife Management) with first-class honors and an M.Phil. Degree in Life Sciences. Tutor Theja’s passion has always been teaching and thus have worked for seven years as a lecturer at various universities. She loves helping students with their own studies.