Food and Beverage Management Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn about Food and Beverage Management Find rewarding employment in the food service, hotel or tourism Industries
Topics covered include kitchen and food management, planning a menu, restaurant staffing and waiter/waitress skills
- Explain the role of different food types in human health.
- Understand the alternative cooking processes, in order to make appropriate decisions about the cooking of different foods
- Manage the provision of kitchen facilities, and the handling of foodstuffs (including food storage and preparation), in order to maximise efficiency, hygiene and service with the restrictions of facilities available.
- Plan menus or list of food products for sale, appropriate to different situations.
- Manage the provision of alcoholic beverages appropriately, in different situations
- Manage the provision of non-alcoholic beverages appropriately, in different situations.
- Describe differences in appropriate management for catering in a range of varying situations.
- Discuss how to manage staff in the food and restaurant industries.
- Consolidate skills developed throughout this entire course into an overall understanding of management of catering services.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.