Biochemistry A Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Introductory Online Biochemistry Course
Biochemistry is an integral part of all human and animals health studies.
Study with highly qualified and experienced tutors the basis of life while studying in your own home.
This online biochemistry course will lead you through the fundamentals of chemistry including atomic structure, the periodic table, molecules, nomenclature, organic chemistry and more before investigating common organic compounds such as carbohydrates, lipids and more.
Lessons cover: introduction to biochemistry, lipids, proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, thermo regulation, carbohydrate metabolism, absorption, acidity, alkalinity, chemical analysis, and industry applications.
Some secondary school chemistry will be helpful though it is not essential.
What you will do:
- Identify characteristics of common chemical compounds important in animal and human biochemistry.
- Explain the characteristics of major biochemical groups, including carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins.
- Explain the characteristics of chemicals which control biological processes in animals and humans, including enzymes and hormones.
- Explain the role of nucleic acids in the biology of animals and humans.
- Explain the role of thermo-regulation in animals and humans.
- Explain the role of carbohydrate metabolism in animals and humans.
- Identify the characteristics of acidity and alkalinity in relation to animals and humans.
- Develop simple chemical analysis skills relevant to testing animals. Identify applications and uses for biochemical processes and products.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.