Aquaculture & Marine Biology Courses
- Save and get four of your favorite aquaculture/marine courses bundled together. You get to study aquaculture (fresh water), marine aquaculture (salt water), and pick from Aquaponics, Marine Studies A and Marine Studies B. Other options include Starting a Small Business or Project Management. Each module is 100 hours duration, is online (self paced study) and […]
- This course provides the student with a strong foundation in marine organism anatomy and physiology and an understanding of the habitats and environmental influences upon them. There are two core modules (Marine Studies A and B) which cover a wide range of marine families, student can then select two electives from Earth Science, Aquaculture, Mariculture, […]
- In this unique online course you will learn the farming of salt water species of fish, shellfish, seaweed and other marine products. Learn to make plans and manage the farming of a broad variety of marine life. Self-paced learning, expert tutors, start anytime, 100 hours of learning to give you a sound foundation in marine […]
- Online Aquarium Course For business or pleasure, this online aquarium course covers a wide range of topics including: fresh water systems salt water systems breeding fish set and design of aquarium systems aquarium maintenance and much more.. This online aquarium course requires no prior knowledge and is suitable for anyone involved with or interested in […]
- Learn the essentials of aquaculture. You will learn how to setup an aquaculture system and learn the care and breeding of freshwater fish as well as how to manage an aquaculture enterprise for fresh water fish. Enhance your expertise in this important course. Improve your work prospects in the field by developing your capacity to […]
- In this in-depth course you will learn: aquaponics introduction, animal & plant growth science growing mediums and nutrients fish & crustation culture plant culture aquaponics system management & setup applications of aquaponics troubleshooting & much more! Why study this Aquaponics course? Learn the skills required to set up your own aquaponics system with Careerline’s online […]
- This course follows on from Marine studies A, and is an excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge of a broad variety of marine organisms. It contains a range of expertise that will boost the rewards for those seriously interested in the marine world of their hobby or career-linked pursuits. Divers, Fishermen and those involved in […]
- This course is an excellent introduction for those who wish to work in the field of Marine Science or for those seeking to understand the range of fascinating marine environments and the organisms that inhabit them. You will be introduced to a wide range of factors related to marine studies that includes marine ecology systems, reef formation and function, marine […]
Aquaculture is the modern way of farming fish and other aquatic species. The key focus being food production, protecting the existing species, and increasing their population.
Those who study aquaculture will learn how to rear, breed, and harvest aquatic species in controlled marine environments. Also, you will get to know about the different types of Aquaculture, and the various practices carried out in each of them.
Here are a few benefits of studying Aquaculture:
- You will learn the health benefits of seafood and why it can be a good source of food.
- You will understand the of advocating for sustainable use of sea resources
- Will learn the different mechanism of biodiversity
- Will learn how to use less effort while increasing efficiency and resources
- In general, aquaculture reduces environmental disturbance by increasing fishing areas.