Supervision Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
In this Supervision online course you will develop an understanding of all the factors affecting supervision and the strategies for more effective supervision to increase productivity. It is relevant to both supervisors and potential supervisors. The key to success of any company or organization is good management and the key to good management is a good Supervisor. Good supervision is important to the successful management of any venture, large or small, profit motivated, social, charity, educational or personal in scope.
- Explain and create an organisational chart.
- Describe the five basic kinds of Unions.
- Report on what you expect to achieve by practicing good human relations.
- Define objectives, goals, tasks to be achieved.
- Describe what steps should be taken before re organising a section or department?
- Draw up a work area for an office, factory etc.
- Show step by step how you would work through the problem solving technique systematically, in order to determine a good way of dealing with this problem.
- Write a diplomatic letter to a union in response to a complaint.
- Draw up a suitable advertisement for a position of a “Salesperson”
- Explain the methods most frequently used to train new employees.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Functions of a supervisor
- Organisational structures & heirarchy
- Bases for organisational structure
- Organisational charts
- Supervisors responsibilities
- How supervisors fit into an organisation
- What does a supervisor do.
2. Understanding the Workplace
- Government and private personnel departments, unions
- Law and employees
- Contracted responsibilities
- Liability for staff actions
- Workplace elements
3. Communications and Human Relations
- Influence in the workplace (formal authority, Reward and punishment, Knowledge, Leadership, Power, etc)
- Managing Aptitude (Status, Prestige, Loyalty, Security, Friendship, Personality, Workload, etc),
- Good Business Writing
4. Motivating Employees
- Internal Incentives
- Environmental Incentives
- Practical ways to motivate
5. Organising the Workplace
- Good work habits
- Planning a Work schedule
- Establishing priorities
- Improving results
- Project planning and management tools
- Organising the work space
6. Problem Solving Techniques
- Solving problems
- Guidelines for making decisions
- Types of problem, solvers
- Different ways to solve problems
- Involving others
- A Classic Problem Solving Technique
7. Discipline, Complaints, and Grievances
- Levels of discipline (reprimanding, fixing, blame, formal warning, removing privileges, termination of employment, legal action)
- Increasing self discipline
- Introducing change
- Giving orders
8. Interviewing, Recruitment, and Training
- Job interviews
- Successful interviewing
- Resumes/ C.V’s
- Training Staff
- Staff Procedure Documents
- Staff contracts
9. Workplace Safety
- Cost of injury and illness
- Duty of Care
- Managing manual work safely
- Protective equipment
10. Dealing with Management: Worker Participation, Report Writing, Staff Meetings
- Purpose of meetings
- Leading a meeting
- Problems with meetings
- Meeting documentation
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.