Park Management A (Introduction) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
If your dream is to work outdoors with nature or animals; this course is best for you.
Get the skills you need in order to make right decisions, big and small.
Appropriate for anyone working with or want to work with, national parks, wilderness parks or wildlife parks. Park Management I provides you with practical skills and knowledge to manage the challenges experienced in a rewarding position that is more of a lifestyle than a job.
Students who study Park management A should continue on to Park management B and should also consider ‘value adding’ to their skills by undertaking further courses such as adventure tourism, eco tour management or tour guiding or wildlife management or zoo keeping.
- Explain the importance of the interrelationships between various components of a natural environment within an ecosystem.
- Develop management strategies for soils within a natural ecosystem.
- Develop management strategies for plant maintenance practices, in nature parks.
- Design a nature park, or a section within a nature park.
- Develop management strategies for the control of weed problems in a nature park.
- Develop management strategies for the rehabilitation of degraded sites in a nature park.
Your TutorTheja Abayarathna Bachelor of Science (Zoology) (Hons), M.Phil. PhD (UTS)
Theja is currently doing her PhD in Environmental Science at the University of Technology Sydney. Her research is centered around the effects of climate change on the hatchling velvet gecko population in Australia. This involves collecting wild gravid geckos and incubating their eggs under laboratory conditions. Through exposure to a variety of incubation temperature treatments, she has operationalized her investigation which aims to determine the effect of higher temperatures on hatchling geckos. Theja is currently in stage 3 of the research, which comprises writing a thesis and developing manuscripts for publishing. Prior to her present endeavors within the scientific field, she has also successfully completed a B.Sc. degree, majoring in Zoology (specialised field: Wildlife Management) with first-class honors and an M.Phil. Degree in Life Sciences. Tutor Theja’s passion has always been teaching and thus have worked for seven years as a lecturer at various universities. She loves helping students with their own studies.