Tree Care II Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Arboriculture II builds on Arboriculture I. This online course concentrates on tree planting and maintenance. Through this course you will learn tree management, minimize potential long term tree problems, learn tree selection techniques, learn to strengthen and improve the health of existing trees, and improve your techniques in removing trees and stumps.
- Explain how to plant a specified advanced-sized tree on a specific site.
- Explain tree injection, including the technique and applications.
- Identify situations where trees require strengthening operations to be carried out.
- Compare different ways to control roots which invade underground pipes.
- Calculate the cost of removing a specified tree.
- Determine appropriate tree species suited to a specific site visited and analysed.
- Devise a method for removing a tree, including tree felling and stump removal.
- Analyse specimens of mature trees, from different genera, to detect any patterns in problems occurring in those trees.
- Develop criteria for the establishment of a tree plantation on a specific site which addresses; site restrictions, cost and function.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.