Everyone seeks employment at some time of their life and no longer do people keep jobs for life. With pathways to employment becoming ever more varied and fragmented, there is increasing demand for good career advice. Careers coaching involves helping others develop their career with smart goals and clear directions. If you love to help others this can be a great career choice for yourself.
The Careers Coaching online course will equip you to understand the modern world of employment and to assist others in their pathway from study to work. You will understand modern processes and practice in careers counselling and be able to develop relationships while you help others.
- Develop a sound understanding of the theories and principles of Careers Counselling.
- Learn to evaluate personality and skills
- Develop your counselling skills
- How to conduct a counselling session and much more.
- Understanding the fundamental goals and aims of career counselors.
- Identifying the key stages of career development.
- Be able to recommend suitable careers pathways for diverse audiences.
- Identify common career challenges facing those in and out of the workforce.
- Be able to conduct a career counselling interview.
- Preparing and delivering career development plans.
- Understanding professional challenges facing career counselors.
- Recognizing challenges and strategies to maintain quality in careers counselling.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online.
There are 10 Lessons in this course:
1. Introduction to Career Counselling
- What is Career Counselling?
- Who do Career Planners Help?
- Foundational Career
- Planning Skills and Knowledge
- Key Tasks of a Career Counselor
2. The Stages of Career Development
- The Career Change Cycle: From Needs to Results
- Where do Career Planners Work?
- The Career Counselling Process
- Benefits of Career Planning
- Career Counselling Theories
3. Identifying Client's Career Goals
- Benefits of Identifying Career Goals
- Maintaining and Tracking Goals
- Working with Individual Organizations
- Career Change is Common
- Common Career Counselling Activities that can Help
4. Career Pathways
- Helping Clients Find the Right Career
- Identifying Career Interests
- Aligning Strengths with Careers
- Tools to Identify Career Pathways
- Tools and Techniques
- RIASEC Model
- Diagnostic Tools
- The Benefits of Creating a Career Pathway
5. Working with Diverse Audiences
- Understanding Diversity
- Career Counselling Models for Diverse Audiences
- Career Counselling Competence for Multicultural
- Fouad and Bingham’s Career Counselling Models
6. Identifying Career Challenges
- Common Career Challenges
- Working with the Unemployed
- Building Resilience
7. Career Counselling Interviews
- The Aim of Interviews
- Conducting Interviews
- Foundations of Setting Up an Interview
- The Structure of an Interview
8. Creating Career Development Plans
- The Career Development Plan
- Steps in Developing a Career Plan
- Steps in the Developing a Career Plan
- Your Client’s Involvement and Preparation
- Career Development Plans within the Organization
- Carrying out the Plan
- Things to Avoid in Career Development Planning
9. Traps to Avoid in Careers Counselling
- Professional Boundaries: Mentoring vs Counselling vs
- Types of Challenges
- Moral Challenges and Ethical Dilemmas in Career
- Handling Ethical Issues in Career Counselling
- Develop Rules
- Resolution of the Traps in Career Counselling
10. Quality in Career Counselling Services
- Defining Quality
- Quality is a Continuous Process
- Quality and Career Development Effectiveness
- Good Practice for New and Experienced Career Counsellors
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Dr Nicholas Harris B. Psychology (Hons I), PhD
Nicholas is a social psychologist; he studies and teaches on topics involving group-level and individual-level behavior, as well as examining the effect of the situation. Nicholas has been involved in writing textbooks and research papers in psychology. Nicholas’ teaching experience is vast; he has taught social psychology, indigenous and intercultural psychology, statistics, research methods, psychological measurement and assessment, personality, organizational psychology, counselling skills, and ethics. Nicholas has also completed a number of short courses on counselling and suicide prevention, and has volunteered for a number of years with Lifeline. Nicholas has supervised a number of honours and master’s research theses.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.