Environmental Waste Management Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
A great course for anyone working in waste management, or the broader field of environmental management. This course complements many of our other environmental courses; but is equally valuable as a training program for those who wish to develop a broad overview of the nature and scope of waste, and the many ways it can be treated in today’s world.
Suitable for anyone considering a business venture to take advantage of one of the various opportunities available in the increasingly environmentally conscious world of today.
Complimentary studies would include park management I and II, environmental assessment, alternative energy and conservation and environmental management.
- Explain the nitrogen cycle and how it relates to waste treatment.
- Determine the economic considerations of different waste disposal systems.
- Compare industrial waste management with domestic waste management procedures.
- Determine the principles of “polluter pays” legislation and how it is applied.
- Describe how a budget is applied to managing a specific waste management enterprise.
- Discuss issues in nuclear power and nuclear waste technology (including hospital waste).
- Explain the cyclic nature of the water system and its relationship to environmental waste management.
- Monitor and recommend improvements to a specified recycling enterprise.
Your TutorTheja Abayarathna Bachelor of Science (Zoology) (Hons), M.Phil. PhD (UTS)
Theja is currently doing her PhD in Environmental Science at the University of Technology Sydney. Her research is centered around the effects of climate change on the hatchling velvet gecko population in Australia. This involves collecting wild gravid geckos and incubating their eggs under laboratory conditions. Through exposure to a variety of incubation temperature treatments, she has operationalized her investigation which aims to determine the effect of higher temperatures on hatchling geckos. Theja is currently in stage 3 of the research, which comprises writing a thesis and developing manuscripts for publishing. Prior to her present endeavors within the scientific field, she has also successfully completed a B.Sc. degree, majoring in Zoology (specialised field: Wildlife Management) with first-class honors and an M.Phil. Degree in Life Sciences. Tutor Theja’s passion has always been teaching and thus have worked for seven years as a lecturer at various universities. She loves helping students with their own studies.