Counselling Skills B (Use of Counselling Skills) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Do you already have some counseling skills, but would like to be able to improve, enhance, and take them further? If so, then Counseling Skills B is the right course for you. This specific program covers topics on the following:
- telephone counseling,
- online counseling,
- techniques for dealing with crisis situations,
- understand micro-skills and using them in the counseling process.
- learn about the grief process, how we can support clients, the ethical issues of counseling and much more.
Through this home study program we have designed to cater to your needs as a distance learner. Our lessons are self paced and run a duration of 100 hours, after completion, you will then gain a certificate in COUNSELLING SKILLS B.
Pre-requisite: Introduction to Psychology
Follows on from: Counselling Skills A
- Demonstrate the application of micro skills to different stages of the counselling process.
- Role-play the dynamics of the counselling process including such phenomenon as present experiences, feedback, transference, counter-transference, projection and resistance.
- Demonstrate telephone counselling techniques.
- Develop appropriate responses to crises, both emotional and practical. Show ways of encouraging the client to deal with aggression.
- Demonstrate different ways of encouraging the client to cope with depression.
- Discuss strategies for dealing with grief.
- Develop different strategies of helping suicidal clients.
Your TutorKaren Gail Ibanez, M.A. Clinical Psychology, B.Sc. Psychology
In 2007, Karen Gail worked as a psychometrician where she administered and interpreted psychological tests in a private neuro-psychiatric clinic and was promoted to junior psychologist after two years where her role changed to psychological assessment and evaluation. By 2009, she started giving training and seminars to affiliate companies of the clinic that she worked for. By 2011, she was promoted again as an assistant psychologist and started with the counseling practice which is one of the clinic’s services. Most of clients she had was for anger management, career counseling as well as family counseling. She resigned from the clinic after eight years but was asked to serve as the clinic’s consultant.
In 2010, worked as an assistant professor in a university where she taught courses in psychology as well as philosophy but mainly focusing on Psychological Testing and Development.