Crisis Counselling Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Develop your ability to effectively counsel and assist clients in times of crisis. This course provides those already in the counselling or helping industries with knowledge and skills to give specialised counselling, and will contribute to comprehensive counselling training for those wishing to work in this field.
- Identify what constitutes a crisis and to discuss methods of crisis intervention
- Discuss current ethical, professional and legal implications of crisis intervention.
- Explain the dangers posed by crises to the individual, the counsellor and those around them during crisis intervention, and to determine effective modes of intervention.
- Identify and explain crises evolving from a developmental perspective.
- Explain the symptoms, treatment options and possible outcomes of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Describe the effect of violence and sexual assault on the individual and possible modes of intervention.
- Explain the relationship between crises and drug dependence.
- Discuss the major issues that arise in family crises and appropriate methods of intervention.
- Discuss cultural influences on crisis situations.
Your TutorKaren Gail Ibanez, M.A. Clinical Psychology, B.Sc. Psychology
In 2007, Karen Gail worked as a psychometrician where she administered and interpreted psychological tests in a private neuro-psychiatric clinic and was promoted to junior psychologist after two years where her role changed to psychological assessment and evaluation. By 2009, she started giving training and seminars to affiliate companies of the clinic that she worked for. By 2011, she was promoted again as an assistant psychologist and started with the counseling practice which is one of the clinic’s services. Most of clients she had was for anger management, career counseling as well as family counseling. She resigned from the clinic after eight years but was asked to serve as the clinic’s consultant.
In 2010, worked as an assistant professor in a university where she taught courses in psychology as well as philosophy but mainly focusing on Psychological Testing and Development.