Psychology and Counselling Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Develop your ability to analyse psychological conditions, and apply that knowledge in counselling, or advisory situations. Learn more about the study of abnormal psychology, behaviours in different situations, stress and counselling.
- Identify the nature of conflict and stress and why this issue affects so many people today.
- Identify and examine behaviours that are characterised as abnormal and compare and contrast these with behaviours characterised as healthy.
- Explain social influence on individual behaviour.
- Explain social influence on group behaviour.
- Describe alternative methods of dealing with psychological problems
- Develop skills for resolving conflict.
- Develop communication skills for counselling individuals.
Your TutorKaren Gail Ibanez, M.A. Clinical Psychology, B.Sc. Psychology
In 2007, Karen Gail worked as a psychometrician where she administered and interpreted psychological tests in a private neuro-psychiatric clinic and was promoted to junior psychologist after two years where her role changed to psychological assessment and evaluation. By 2009, she started giving training and seminars to affiliate companies of the clinic that she worked for. By 2011, she was promoted again as an assistant psychologist and started with the counseling practice which is one of the clinic’s services. Most of clients she had was for anger management, career counseling as well as family counseling. She resigned from the clinic after eight years but was asked to serve as the clinic’s consultant.
In 2010, worked as an assistant professor in a university where she taught courses in psychology as well as philosophy but mainly focusing on Psychological Testing and Development.